Wednesday, March 6, 2013

WOMEN OF TODAY


I am a mother of two boisterous boys and wife to a software workaholic. My day begins as early as 5.30 am and it’s a nonstop rush of packing lunch, making breakfast, sending kids to school, making sure my hubby gets ready for office, bringing my house to order as I find time to fit in grocery and vegetable shopping have a quick lunch before I begin folding clothes, prepare evening snacks, ensure my kids are ready before I chauffer them to their respective classes after which I don the role of tutor. You think my day is done. 

Wrong again. 

I then set about preparing dinner, washing dishes and putting my kids to bed. You wonder where the hubby is…… well him being addicted to his job or as is the case of any it professional he will meander home when his duty ends …..Be it anywhere after 10. So what’s so special about this? This is what any mother of today is doing. Take a working mother and substitute in between chores for office work as she winds of her day with her share of household chores. Women today are women of substance. They are such capable, efficient people who multi task with such ease and juggle their duties with such beauty that would put a professional juggler to shame. Women today mould their children with lofty values and ideals making them strong human beings. 

As Brigham young said “you educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation.”  The role of women at home is much more than just doing wifely duties. She knows what she wants and she goes after it. They think and plan well in advance keeping the well being of all the family members a priority. They try to spread happiness wherever they go and always have a kind word or do a good deed amidst their tight schedule. 

A woman of today understands that each person is unique with an opinion of their own. She understands the difference and is patient and tolerant towards others. She takes responsibility for her actions and she stands by her decisions. She firmly believes that anything is possible and the sky is the limit as she wants only the best for her loved ones. As Eleanor Roosevelt rightly said “A woman is like a tea bag; you never know how strong it is until it's in hot water.”

I take umbrage when a person belittles me for being just a housewife. 
I am a mother and I am a woman of today. 

by
Danusha Chandrashekaran


1 comment:

  1. wow...this is so very true...i cn relate to every little bit here... I'm sure every woman of today will agree with us Danusha... very well written piece!! hats off :)

    ReplyDelete